The FUD around Bitcoin’s energy consumption is huge. Not the energy consumption itself mind you, the propaganda. It’s been used by fiat supporters as a soundbite to attack bitcoin itself, while ignoring the facts and the real numbers. I found this twitter thread by MICROCHAD where he linked a few resources on the matter.
- Bitcoin Does Not Waste Energy
- The Last Word on Bitcoin’s Energy Consumption
- PoW is Efficient
- OP ED: BITCOIN MINERS CONSUME A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF ENERGY — AND IT’S ALL WORTH IT
- How Bitcoin could drive the clean energy revolution.
- Bitcoin Mining Wastes Energy? What If That’s Good?
- Green energy and Bitcoin
- Money, Bitcoin and Time: Part 2 of 3
- ASIC chip technology is renewable energy’s future
- Carbon Footprint differences: BTC vs Banks
- ADDRESSING PERSISTING BITCOIN CRITICISMS
- Crypto mining is now drawing in the world’s top renewables producers
- Bitcoin is the Most Sustainable Money The World Has Ever Seen
- STUDY: 74 PERCENT OF BITCOIN MINING POWERED WITH RENEWABLE ENERGY
- What Bloomberg Gets Wrong About Bitcoin’s Climate Footprint
- Bitcoin is good for the environment
- Decentralizing Energy Production with Bitcoin
- The Cost & Sustainability of Bitcoin — Part I
- Addressing Concerns About Bitcoin’s Electricity Use
- The Frustrating, Maddening, All-Consuming Bitcoin Energy Debate
- Second order effects of #Bitcoin mining include, but are not limited to:
- Bitcoin, A Gift to the Environment
- Bitcoins energy consumption: 13 things you need to know
- BITCOIN WILL SAVE OUR EARTH
- Critics Claim Bitcoin Is a Threat to the Environment. They’re Wrong.
- Issue #971: It’s all about the energy, stupid
- Orange is the New Green, Why Bitcoin is Good for the Environment
- On Bitcoin, the Gray Lady Embraces Climate Lysenkoism
- What’s the Carbon Footprint of Fiat? 100 times larger than Bitcoin
- Solar + Battery + Bitcoin Mining
- Why Bitcoin’s energy use won’t destroy the planet
- How Much Energy Does Bitcoin Actually Consume?
- @edstromandrew – Shooting Down The Argument That #Bitcoin Is Bad For The Environment. #114
- BTC014: Bitcoin Mining and Energy w/ Marty Bent and Harry Sudock (Bitcoin Podcast)
- Bitcoin Investing Is ESG Investing
Bitcoin Q&A: Energy Consumption by @aantonop. He explains how PoW mining is contributing to massive investment & subsidy in renewables/alternative energy and efficiency improvements in processing, driving the decentralization of energy production.
.@michael_saylor responds to Bill Maher’s myopic criticism of Bitcoin’s energy use in this excerpt from his excellent interview with Kitco news.
Bitcoin Mining Energy Consumption by @cryptografics